Those are the two things that have been going on with our adoption lately! We got this little dandy in the mail a few weeks ago…
It is a “pink slip” from the USCIS office! They needed some additional information regarding our finances in order to process our petition to bring an orphan in the U.S. I was a little worried because the social worker we’ve worked with for 4 years now no longer worked for our home study agency and we hadn’t had to touch base with our new contact until this letter! Julie at Catholic Charities was AMAZING though. As soon as we were able to get an offer letter for Brandon’s new job, she had the home study update complete and mailed!! She did this just in time for our fingerprinting appointment last Friday….
We had an 8am appointment and it went great! Now we just wait for our I600 and I600A approval. They should come together since we filed together. I wish you could see Harrison’s Big Brother shirt in the picture! He wore it because he was performing a Big Brother duty by going with us and charming the socks off of everyone there. A big brother’s gotta do what a big brother’s gotta do!
Friday afternoon we got a pretty disheartening update from our agency. At this point, we are waiting for the twins to be submitted for their Exit Permits (permission to leave the country). That is the beginning of the end of the process. The officials there put a hold on processing EP’s in June and we were told they would resume in late July. You can imagine we’ve been on pins and needles as late July comes closer. Friday we found out that the late July action would not happen either. We got an email in the afternoon telling us that the officials there actually had some work they were catching up on and that they would not process any EP’s in July after all. It’s very interesting to say the least. We don’t know when we will get an EP, but we do know that any movement is progress for everyone and our heart goes out to those who were submitted for EP in May and still don’t have an approval. If their process had gone like those who had been submitted for EP in previous months, they would have travelled in late June and they are still waiting to know when they will travel!!
If Greer does not travel soon, we will have to make some decisions about his care, for the remainder of his time away from us, that will be so hard to make. We are praying that we can get our sweet Sophie and Greer home asap!
So at this point it’s a waiting game and we have stopped trying to predict it all! Our God is an awesome God and He’ll see us through! Praising Him as we hold on tight to this coaster ride! He holds our family… no matter how widespread, in the palm of His hand!
Please join us and the rest of the Korean adoption community in praying for EP movement from every angle and soon!